Hashtags play an important role in social media promotion strategy. Social media posts with hashtags work much better comparing to the ones without hashtags.
Generally speaking, hashtags are used to draw the attention of targeted users to your content and promote your posts on social media efficiently. Using hashtags can contribute greatly to social media promoter’s success.
However, you need to know how to use hashtags in the right way if you promote your content on social media sites.
You should have an understanding of how to select the right hashtags for your social media content, how many hashtags to insert into posts and on which social media sites hashtags have to be used.
Read on and we’ll help you get the answers to all of your questions.
What is a Hashtag and What is the Purpose of Using It?
Hashtags are used to make social media content relevant to keywords. It’s pretty easy to create a hashtag for social media content. All that you need to do for this is to add # symbol to the word.
Social media marketing experts choose to use hashtags for various reasons. Hashtags can be used to connect social media content to specific topics, events or discussions.
Using hashtags has many great benefits for your social media marketing strategy. These include:
- Attracting targeted audience to social media posts
- Increased awareness of brand
- Getting more social media followers
- Growing social media audience
- Better engagement with followers on social media
- More likes, shares and comments
Hashtags make social media content relevant to certain topics. So, your target audience will be able to find the content with relevant hashtags on social media easily and quickly.
How to Find Good Hashtags for Social Media Content
In fact, there are many ways to search for hashtags that can be used on social media content. Spend some time to do the research and pick the best hashtags for your posts.
1) One of the easiest ways to find the right hashtags for social media posts is to take advantage of the research that has been done by either your competitors or social media influencers. Take a closer look at their hashtags!
2) The help of Hashtagify is immeasurable in the process of finding hashtags. You will find it easy to pick the right Instagram and Twitter hashtags with such a great online tool.
3) Analyze popular hashtags in your industry carefully. A lot of online tools can provide you with many trending hashtag suggestions. Explore these suggestions carefully and make smart choices.
4) Hootsuite is a social media tool like no other. This type of an online tool provides social media marketers with endless opportunities. Use the power of Hootsuite to pick the right hashtags for your social media content.
5) Analyze the hashtags that worked well for you in the past. Doing this type of analysis will allow you to pick the right hashtags for a similar type of social media content in the future.
How to Use Hashtags for Social Media Content
It’s crucial for you to use hashtags in the right way. When using hashtags, you should aim to get the most out of your social media efforts. Below, we’ll give you tips for including hashtags in your posts.
– First and foremost, you have to make your social media accounts public. It doesn’t make sense to use hashtags if your social media content is available for followers only.
– The main idea of hashtags is to help you reach the right target audience on social media. That’s why you should use only hashtags that are relevant to your social media content. As a result, you will attract the wrong audience to your content and your marketing efforts will not be crowned with success.
– Hashtags contribute greatly to brand promotion. So, it would be better to pick hashtags that are associated with your brand. Give preference to short and easy-to-remember hashtags.
– Social media content looks spammy when so many hashtags are inserted into posts. So, it would be better to limit the number of hashtags for posts. Use only the most relevant tags for social media content.
Tips for Using Hashtags on Various Social Media Platforms
Hashtags work differently on social media platforms. That’s why it’s so important for a marketing expert to know how to use hashtags on every social network.
Here are tips on how to use hashtags on all major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest:
Tips for using Facebook hashtags. You can include hashtags in posts, groups or comments on Facebook. It’s recommended to use 1 – 2 hashtags per post on Facebook.
Tips for using Instagram hashtags. It’s possible to insert hashtags into Instagram posts, Instagram stories, Instagram comments and in Instagram profile bio. It’s recommended to use 5 – 10 hashtags for posts on Instagram.
Tips for using Twitter hashtags. Hashtags are inserted into tweets and re-tweets. Hashtags can be inserted at the beginning, middle and in the end of your posts. It’s recommended to use 1 – 2 hashtags for posts on Twitter.
Tips for using YouTube hashtags. Hashtags can be inserted into YouTube video titles and descriptions. It’s recommended to use 2 – 3 hashtags per video on YouTube.
Tips for using LinkedIn hashtags. Hashtags can be inserted into LinkedIn posts and articles. It’s recommended to use 1 – 2 hashtags for posts on LinkedIn.
Tips for using Pinterest hashtags. Hashtags can be also added to Pinterest pins and re-pins. You can even take advantage of Pinterest hashtag suggestions. It’s recommended to use 2 – 5 hashtags for posts on Pinterest.
As you can see, work with hashtags requires certain knowledge, skills and experience. It’s also important to note that optimizing social media content with hashtags is a time-consuming process. So, leave this important task to social media marketing professionals!
Do you need help with social media promotion? Or, maybe, you would like to learn how skilled social media experts can help you get the most out of hashtags? Contact us today! PGN agency is always looking forward to helping you with any of your social media promotion needs!